Daddy vs dom?

li****

Posted
What's the difference between LG and DG? I'm being genuine.
Posted
Daddy has a variety of meanings depending on a number of variables. Dom is kink dependent on what it entails, but has a consistent meaning of being an authority figure in the power dynamic.
  • 3 months later...
Da****
Posted
You want the truth? Different strokes for different folks.
I don't call myself Master because only my sub can determine that.
I don't call myself a Dom because My style is more nurturing than ***ful.
I don't call myself many things.
But I am an actual Dad and I enjoy being called Daddy. Simple truths.
lo****
Posted
On 2/9/2024 at 8:25 AM, elkridge453143 said:

What's the difference between LG and DG? I'm being genuine.

I don't know the term DG, but LG is someone that has "Little" tendencies. Not a Little myself, so not sure what all is involved.

• 2 weeks later...
PN****
Posted
The term "Dom" is shorthand for Dominant. A "Daddy" is actually a Daddy Dom.

The difference is not necessarily in the names, as both are Dominants.

"Dom" is mostly an umbrella term. It can mean many different things, as there are many different types of Doms.

A Daddy is a form of Dominant. Hence the Honorific "Daddy Dominant", or the prefix "DD" in DD/lg.

So, the main difference is that "Dom" is all-encompassing. A "Daddy" is a subset of Dominant, or "Dom".
Da****
Posted
3 hours ago, PNWDDlg said:
The term "Dom" is shorthand for Dominant. A "Daddy" is actually a Daddy Dom.

The difference is not necessarily in the names, as both are Dominants.

"Dom" is mostly an umbrella term. It can mean many different things, as there are many different types of Doms.

A Daddy is a form of Dominant. Hence the Honorific "Daddy Dominant", or the prefix "DD" in DD/lg.

So, the main difference is that "Dom" is all-encompassing. A "Daddy" is a subset of Dominant, or "Dom".

... Or... A Daddy could be another expression for a Father or Father figure. Take my name, for instance. I don't subscribe to the DD/LG relationship as a standard of practice, in normal fetish terminology. I am actually a father of two wonderfully intelligent children who call me Daddy. And as it happens, in several past relationships my significant other has referred to me as Daddy as a form of affection. I, in turn, have referred to them as my girly or my little one, as a form of affection. In this sense, my name was never about roleplay nor scenarios.
..... I know my opinion is different from others and that's alright.

PN****
Posted
4 hours ago, Daddy_Voodoo said:

... Or... A Daddy could be another expression for a Father or Father figure. Take my name, for instance. I don't subscribe to the DD/LG relationship as a standard of practice, in normal fetish terminology. I am actually a father of two wonderfully intelligent children who call me Daddy. And as it happens, in several past relationships my significant other has referred to me as Daddy as a form of affection. I, in turn, have referred to them as my girly or my little one, as a form of affection. In this sense, my name was never about roleplay nor scenarios.
..... I know my opinion is different from others and that's alright.

Though you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, on this particular subject, that is not a Daddy.

Being called "Daddy" as an affectionate pet name is very, very different from being called Daddy as an Honorific in a DD/lg dynamic.

If there is no specific dynamic in place, and you choose to use "Daddy" and "little one" as affectionate pet names, or any other form of Honorific as a pet name outside a dynamic, does not make you a "Daddy" in the actual sense of a BDSM dynamic. It's a pet name.

Though you may see yourself as a "Daddy", and your significant others may see you as such, unless there is a dynamic in place, you are not a Daddy in the factual sense of the Honorific in the BDSM community.

A lot of people add or remove things they don't like in the community to make it more acceptable to them or to their lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with doing something that makes you happy or makes your relationship happier or stronger. That doesn't mean you can change the meaning behind an Honorific to fit your relationship just because you want to be called a Daddy.

Being in a DD/lg or other dynamic is very different than being a Dominant person in a relationship.

All true Daddy's are Doms. Not all Doms can be Daddy's. And being called "Daddy" affectionately does not make you a Daddy.

la****
Posted
Daddy or affection dom