Let's improve Fetish.com together!

Katiefox

Posted
1 minute ago, CopperKnob said:

You've send 75 messages in 10 days? To 75 different people?

If not more and when I check on here for just checking or browsing whatever all I see is all of my unanswered messages very rare do I see even the message wasn’t open or it hasn’t been seen because there’s a message ahead of it and then they give you the option to push the message for 150 points

Posted
1 minute ago, Milke36Drips said:

If not more 

that's why you're not getting replies

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

that's why you're not getting replies

I would agree here. First thing i do if someone messages me... is a mega check out. 

Pictures. Bio. Confessions. Friends. Join date. How many messages theyve sent out. Kink and fetish interests/passions.

If i see a profile whos sent 3 messages i would reply. If i seen one who sent 75.. fast exit out of there. I know many people who have this same train of thought. 

Posted

yep - when I look at the patterns here

signed up to this site a week ago

sent 612 messages.  received 268

So send out 50 more messages than received, every day, is excessive.

And so, yep; one, when someone is vetting you as Jen says it's something that a lot of women look at because it's the difference between "is he interested in me" or "is he interested in anything" - the latter being off-putting

the other kinda problem is with that volume of messages being sent; I can't believe there is any real effort gone into them which also affects people's motivation to respond even if they don't do any form of "OK, what is he about?" checks 

And while everyone wants fast replies - if I messaged someone that I was genuinely interested in and they only log in every few days - then patience is a good virtue and a sign someone is as easy going as they claim.

I think in order to, ahem, improve responses - then it's not the site which needs to change but your approach to it -  remembering it's a real person at the other side and not an automated chat bot who is obligated to reply

• 2 months later...
Posted
I get alerted that there’s a new match. I check them out, give them some likes, and then be told that I can’t contact them because I don’t meet their criteria.

Yeah, okay. So they aren’t a match after all.

Can we fix the algorithm because this is kinda annoying. I don’t have a frustration kink. I left that job long ago.
Posted

There  doesn't appear to be much appeal to same sex attracted kinksters and that seems to be reflected in the composition of the membership. Consequently, there is only limited scope for gay/bi kink

Posted
On 10/23/2022 at 2:13 AM, jovino said:

I get alerted that there’s a new match. I check them out, give them some likes, and then be told that I can’t contact them because I don’t meet their criteria.

Yeah, okay. So they aren’t a match after all.

Can we fix the algorithm because this is kinda annoying. I don’t have a frustration kink. I left that job long ago.

I think the issue is.. the algorithm IS picking up you match and meet very muchly on kinks, likes and interests. However, the individual has filters and things in place to meet their personal preferences. Which is impossible for the site to know and pick up on. 

So i could have met a match in every kink and interest within bdsm... But that person is too young for my own comfort and preference. If that makes sense?

I am unsure if they are able to or more so allowed, to access your filter and preferences in this kind of way (within your settings) to adjust and filter matches that only allow you to message. 

Its down to the individual at that stage id imagine. Maybe all you can do by that stage is maybe spank them or give a picture like or soemthing to attract their attention and hope they reach out. 

Wishing you all the best

Posted
31 minutes ago, Justini said:

There  doesn't appear to be much appeal to same sex attracted kinksters and that seems to be reflected in the composition of the membership. Consequently, there is only limited scope for gay/bi kink

Sorry to intervene but may i ask what do you mean limited scope for gay/bi kink?

Whats a gay/bi kink? Not heard of that before so i am curious xx

Posted

Well, nothing complicated. Just people who are gay or bi, who are also into kink. There don't seem to be a lot of members who are into kink and have same sex kink attractions on here. So options are limited for those few, who are on here who are gay/bi. The site doesn't seem to orient much toward people like me.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

in response to a forum post in another section and probably come across far too similar in others over the past, just a wee suggestion:-

A pinned "safety on meets etc" so new people dabbling their feet in to the kink scene might not make some understandable mistakes in their eagerness to want to meet up with r/l people and experience play etc.

Also a deviants glossary, in the old IC days we had "the deviants dictionary" in a section all of it's own with common used names and their meaning within the kink community as well as the safety advice.  Saves people asking the same question over and over, and i know some of us old hands tend to ignore answering the same questions over and over again sadly. 

Just a wee help for all those new and some of us older hands to re read and not get blaze over safety aspects of meets, as tbh we may be meeting new people on their first meet ups.

Posted

The “show users interested in men/women” etc option should be available on the entry level website. It’s so infuriating searching through people who aren’t naturally interested in me and wasting my time getting my hopes up!

Posted

I honestly don't think any current paywalled features are going to be moved for free

Posted

Contacts for no apparent reason dropping off the face of the earth.  One agreed to do a videocall, and then was in conversation with me on the morning she and I had agreed.  I attempted to call….and she’d blocked me!

You can look at the many conversations I’ve initiated and they still have a single tick 3 months on.  Never read.

The female I’m told is a match.  But when I attempt to write or spank I can’t due to the filters she has set.  So not a match.

Too many sub25 year old females appearing in matches.  In the UK, even though they are above the age of consent, they only need to change their mind and concoct their own version of events and the male will be interviewed by the Police.  

Posted
On 11/8/2022 at 12:04 PM, tunbridge-wells143 said:

Contacts for no apparent reason dropping off the face of the earth.  One agreed to do a videocall, and then was in conversation with me on the morning she and I had agreed.  I attempted to call….and she’d blocked me!

You can look at the many conversations I’ve initiated and they still have a single tick 3 months on.  Never read.

The female I’m told is a match.  But when I attempt to write or spank I can’t due to the filters she has set.  So not a match.

Too many sub25 year old females appearing in matches.  In the UK, even though they are above the age of consent, they only need to change their mind and concoct their own version of events and the male will be interviewed by the Police.  

The same can apply in the vanilla world. Thats why the site advises that people stay using the site to communicate and not move away to another platform. This way one can show the relationship grow and the intentions between the two people. It never hurts to keep most of the discutions about what sort of things will happen in play in written form through chat. Just as in the vanilla world, the police will investigate any report being made. The only way to really protect yourself is to tell the other person that all play will be recorded ( being open and clear about it being recorded and not covertly) If they cant respect that its to keep everything honest and safe, then you have to decide if its a red flag to you. Also, if they have a problem with things being kept safe, why is that? its there for both parties protection and can be fun to watch back later if wanted. Of course recording secretly is a no no and illegal so ensure that everyone involved starts by talking directly to the camera and introducing themselves to it will show they know its there.

Posted
I bought points it charged me then said something went wrong
Posted
16 hours ago, Elrob said:

I bought points it charged me then said something went wrong

Go to the help section and raise a ticket. They will try and sort it out for you. Things can go wrong but they normally get fixed quickly.

Posted
Would love to have the option of Voice Notes on here, this would mean we could stay on this app to chat instead of moving onto another platform. I'm pretty sure voice/audio is a big kink for many on here. Hope this can be added as a suggestion
Posted
I think having more admins remove fakes and reported people as well as answer tickets (I've have one unanswered for days still) and fix the automated photo filter as it's clearly not working properly would all help this app step up its game!
Posted
all of a sudden i’m getting email notifications regarding messages in addition to app ones and it’s overwhelming. i’m unable to unsubscribe because it automatically goes to
homepage in dutch. i change to english but finding email settings is buried.
Posted

I see the caption as blank on pictures but NO option to add one. Is this feature coming soon?? Or is this basic feature locked behind the pay wall ?? Some pictures are better with a little background on what's going on in them. I am a premium member so. 

Posted

Whilst I realise that FETISH.COM is a business and has to make ***, the functionality if you don't sign up is almost NIL.  That puts me off.  If I was able to exchange messages with other members that could get me into the habit and therefore persuade me to pay so that I got even more from the site.  I think you should consider giving some kind of 3-month acclimatisation period for new members (with some restrictions), to allow them to BOND and become dependent before they have to pay.  Or alternatively a much reduced 3-month start up subscription.  

I my interest is as a Gay Man, and too much of this site is about women. I must accept that the interest in fetish activities appears to be hundreds of times what it is for men, whether that is as M/F, F/M, or F/F, but none of that is relevant to my needs, so the site has very limited functionality for me.

Finally, the few people who have shown an interest in me, or I have been interested in, were NOT sufficient to make buying membership worthwhile.

Posted
On 4/23/2019 at 10:45 AM, lil-monster said:

One thing I don't understand is why you have to wait to get a message from someone before you can put them on ingore I should be free to who I want to put on there, as this person who I want on my ingore list is back but now on different profile. 

Agreed. Also, there should be some form of profile setting or user setting where you can ask if someone's taken the time to read a profile before messaging. And also, with all due respect, a search function for Doms/subs/switches specifically so I don't get offered *** (which ?!?!?) to dominate someone when I'm submissive.

Honestly, that shouldn't even be a thing outside of people posting on a forum specifically devoted to that.

Posted

When I use QUICK KINK, if I find a name that interests me I can click on it to reveal the profile.  But only then do I find out whether they are interested in MEN (or whatever).  That detail should be visible along with name, age, distance, etc before I open the profile.  I find I am clicking on 30 or so names before I get a profile who might be interested in MEN.  All those 30 then see my tracks and think to themselves "who is this idiot,  I'm not interested in men, why does he look at me?"

Posted
Saturday at 10:18 PM, canesimon_uk said:

Whilst I realise that FETISH.COM is a business and has to make ***, the functionality if you don't sign up is almost NIL.  That puts me off.  If I was able to exchange messages with other members that could get me into the habit and therefore persuade me to pay so that I got even more from the site.  I think you should consider giving some kind of 3-month acclimatisation period for new members (with some restrictions), to allow them to BOND and become dependent before they have to pay.  Or alternatively a much reduced 3-month start up subscription.  

I my interest is as a Gay Man, and too much of this site is about women. I must accept that the interest in fetish activities appears to be hundreds of times what it is for men, whether that is as M/F, F/M, or F/F, but none of that is relevant to my needs, so the site has very limited functionality for me.

Finally, the few people who have shown an interest in me, or I have been interested in, were NOT sufficient to make buying membership worthwhile.

You can earn free premium membership with 1500 points. Each day you can earn 50 pts. Check it out under the "me" icon > points