Let's improve Fetish.com together!

Katiefox

Posted (edited)

The site seems seriously lacking in some basic areas as a gamer I am all too familiar with half-finished full-price products. Also noticed some pics would be deleted (I would get the notification)and then magically reappear. I also love guessing which pics were deleted at least tell me which ones so I can narrow it down to a specific reason.

Note I am a premium member.

1. captions for pics is a big one as that's pretty basic. 

2. Transparency when pictures are deleted instead of a long list to pick from. Tell us why it was deleted so we know for next time.

3. If not already implemented a coming soon section to let the free members SEE what's coming soon to the site,  would help members decide if it's worth paying the *** for all the site's features.  show us that you're an active dev team, please.  Patch notes. 

4. Verify that the support ticket landing pad is in the native member's language, not the default language. If my language is set to English I should see the support ticket page in English.

these are just 4 things off the top of my head that come to mind. 

Edited by Milesh
Posted
10 hours ago, Slave_trainer_ said:

Block visibility of profile by role so i stop getting Dommes looking and spanking all day looking for pay pigs. 

These aren’t Dommes, they’re scammers.

Posted
Yesterday at 12:33 AM, Milesh said:

The site seems seriously lacking in some basic areas as a gamer I am all too familiar with half-finished full-price products. Also noticed some pics would be deleted (I would get the notification)and then magically reappear. I also love guessing which pics were deleted at least tell me which ones so I can narrow it down to a specific reason.

Note I am a premium member.

1. captions for pics is a big one as that's pretty basic. 

2. Transparency when pictures are deleted instead of a long list to pick from. Tell us why it was deleted so we know for next time.

3. If not already implemented a coming soon section to let the free members SEE what's coming soon to the site,  would help members decide if it's worth paying the *** for all the site's features.  show us that you're an active dev team, please.  Patch notes. 

4. Verify that the support ticket landing pad is in the native member's language, not the default language. If my language is set to English I should see the support ticket page in English.

these are just 4 things off the top of my head that come to mind. 

A lot of the pics are screened by an automated system, so you won’t be able to get detailed feedback. If you know you’re not breaking image rules you can resubmit your pic.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Rilriia said:

Some of them are professional Dominas, actually. And professional Dominatrices have been around before the Internet was commonplace.

Some who claim to be Doms aren't Some and lack any formal training outside the fantasy world of digital. You can tell them by their generally disrespectful attitude. Yet, they're allowed.
If we're going to start calling the 'take' people, this place will be a ghost town. Though I did submit a profile as a fake because I know for a fact the image were stolen from military persons. Busted them on other sites because I work with EFF and Mozilla, to name a few.

Don’t take my meaning out of context. I’m talking about people who drop into your inbox to fleece you. And anyway, rather a ghost town than a fake one… the fake Doms can go too. The people who extort cash using blackmail are a legitimate issue.

Posted
32 minutes ago, Chloebear said:

A lot of the pics are screened by an automated system, so you won’t be able to get detailed feedback. If you know you’re not breaking image rules you can resubmit your pic.

Yeah I have seen that at work but What I would like is a thumbnail grab of the pic that was deleted so I know which one it was , I do batch uploads from time to time and I do my best to make sure that my pics comply with the rules but there are still a few that get deleted. 

Posted
57 minutes ago, Milesh said:

Yeah I have seen that at work but What I would like is a thumbnail grab of the pic that was deleted so I know which one it was , I do batch uploads from time to time and I do my best to make sure that my pics comply with the rules but there are still a few that get deleted. 

That seems a good idea

Posted
57 minutes ago, Rilriia said:

That's unfortunately everywhere, including mainstream social media. Fetish does need a professional advertising section and they need to post orientation and relationship sought on user icons for clarity.

I had no idea I could become a professional Domina until I joined here! Hahaha! Except no, not my role and not what I seek.

Plus I wouldn't even know how to file my taxes on that!

I get the frustration, but in context, I got an internet garbage 'contact' that all but lit up in blinking neon red lights and flags that didn't even come with the year's training, which is pretty standard for a time frame in the real world.

Naturally, the supposed dominant in question wanted all my income, to control and limit my interaction with Family and friends, and to change my dress style and everything about me.

I told him to go get a blow up doll.

That's why I say it's all about perspective. The internet has helped being people to our world, but it's done euql and pethaps more amounts of damage because people confuse reality vs fantasy.

Even in the physics of actual bondage...

Being careful and wary is our best defense along with the block and report buttons.

I believe there is a dedicated pro-Domme advertising section on here, but I haven’t checked it out so I may be wrong. Pro-Dommes are supposed to have different, registered accounts though which are clearly marked so people know who is offering pro services Vs asking for ***…. The relationship status on your pic has been raised before and could be useful I agree.

Posted

So, there is a pro section on here. If someone has a € profile icon by their name then they are registered as a Pro.

But there are a couple of reasons for that - and one is also to comply with US law - so, for example, users in the US can not view accounts with a € in the profile.

The Pro section isn't really used in the UK - there are just a handful of users with such a profile - I know someone who had one who said it didn't really get her any work.  But this could be because there are many other platforms to seek out Pros in the UK already - there are more members with this in Germany.

Asking or offering *** otherwise on the site is not permitted - and so if anyone is asking for (or offering you) *** for play/service/interaction then you end the conversation and hit report.  Even if they are not a scammer it's not permitted.  

Posted

The original intention of the Idea was to not be searchable by Dommes as I am  Dom. The functionality exists to block your profile from Gender but not from role. This to me would cut down on the noise a little of the fake Dommes and become less appealing as a hunting ground for them 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Rilriia said:

So a very uncomfortable situation popped up and it needs the Admin's immediate attention.

I blocked someone who was trying to relive their own childhood *** and live vicariously through my own unfortunate childhood. No go, red flag, forget that nonsense because that's what therapy is for.

I blocked them yet they're still trolling my forum posts (except here). If they're blocked, how are they finding my posts? That's called 'stalking' and the Admin need to fix it immediately. I'm not overly concerned about this person, he's in Denmark or Norway or someplace other than the US, but imagine the *** of being a single woman if someone in your state or city did that?

Seriously, that's sloppy.

There seems to be a bug in the block feature. I know there is within the app, which is why i do not use it. 

On the app if you block someone on the chat room, it stops YOU from seeinf THEM but THEY can still see you. I have had a lot of trouble in the past (people talk and pass things on) where snark remarks to any of my convos were touched on by blocked people. 

I refuse to use the app til they fix that feature.

But, even on the website version, the forum posts seem to be readable to all. Now i dont think they can see posts ive published? but they can reply on the same posts and see my comments (if i was the blocker, it gives me an option to "view hidden posts by people ive ignored" but i dont know if that option shows for a blockee). 

At least the forums are public for all to see, so patterns and bulllying or stalking and harrassing can be mass flagged and reported/dealt with by the admins. 

Its a shame as if someone blocks someone, its so they dont need to see hear or interact with them, which is not 100% due to the app bug and the forum, but sometimes its best to just ignore. 

If you feel you are being stalked and harrassed during posts across the site/forum, flag each of these for admin to take a look at. just cus someone comments on a post, doesnt mean its obvious on what their motive and behaviour is, as they may only make sense to someone whos had the issues. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Rilriia said:

Thank you for telling me Finally_Jen. I had no idea. That's unsafe and wholly irresponsible on the part of the Devs. And until they fix something so basic that protects users from *** or being used as tools for someone who self harms by revisiting their own trauma instead of going to a therapist, it's laughable to think anyone should or would pay for this service. And I type this as the person who has no problem kicking *** for devs, mods, server use, etc.

Sadly, unless something details the desire for ***, particularly anything that violates US law, there's not much that can be done about it. It's why I left a comparable Lifestyle website in 2016 when Baku was rightfully investigated by multiple countries for allowing pedophilia and child trafficking.

That is really frightening.

Dont get me wrong, these are bugs that ive noticed (and have previously flagged but nothing has changed in the way of blocks) but they can only do so much. I do agree they have more to be doing to keep members apart via a proper block feature, if they choose to use it. Ive had issues with certain members for best part of a year, and i didnt have evidence for a long time, but once i obtained it, the admin stepped in and made sure i didnt have issue after that. its been a peaceful couple of months for me now! 

They cannot do anything without proof/evidence or being made aware of it.

The site sadly cannot control who joins up, or what they discuss in DMs. That sounds to me like the person harming themselves or deflecting their trauma onto you, is a them issue, the site simply cannot predict that would be the outcome of the persons membership here.

I adore this site and many people on it, i am and have been a paying member, for quite some time. I find 98% of the mods have been fantastic and have helped massively. The admin can be a bit slow but when they get going theyre also great from my experience. 

I do hope they can fix the block features, il feel more safe to use the app especially if i know people ive blocked cannot see me. I wont use it til then as ive said. Forum blockees seeing me, doesnt bother me because of how public it is. And i know there are some great mods who monitor the forums too! Dont be afraid to submit a ticket or complaint should you need to, i know from my experience, they want their members to feel safe to stay here

Posted (edited)

I do agree that once you block someone here it should be a full block!!! I believe even if you have someone blocked they can rate your competition pictures also!!!! Fetlife has the block button and over there if you are blocked you can't see anything of the person that you have blocked and vise versa. 

For a site that promotes SSC, RACK and PRICK they should have that safety of being able to block someone fully and them not be able to see jack shit of anything from yourself. I blocked someone from here years ago and he ended up stalking my comp pics and my forum posts.......when I threatened to get police involved in my messages to him ( I had to unblock to do this.....go figure lol ) he quit but it shouldn't have had to come to that at all, even though he couldn't see my profile or message me it was still scary.

Edited by lil-monster
Added more
  • 1 month later...
Posted
1 hour ago, Kazzodom said:

I have sent two messages through the Help section, one 3 and the other 5 days ago. All l've got so far is an automated reply. Is that normal? 

As someone who works in a tech support industry, that's not surprising to me. Tech teams are usually inundated with messages and work as quickly as they can. Unfortunately, a lot of their time is spent double or triple handling issues  only to find they've already been resolved because people have messaged repeatedly about the same problem. 

The support team here are really good and will get to you as quickly as they can.

Of course, you could always ask about whatever you're having problems with in the SOS forum and you may get the answer you need.

Posted
December 23, 2022, overpower said:

Can't we just get rid of / have option to hide the zodiac sign information in the profiles? Or is there already way to do that?

It's just not something I want to be identified as. If someone privately believes into one of the contradicting magic men in the sky stories, santa claus or into some predetermined planetary destiny I've got no problem with that. I'd just rather not be one of those who silently support any type of superstitious reasoning by taking part in it. Nor do I like to be judged according to any superstitious "oh youre xx/yy and of course you're like that" thought processes.

This is definitely not a huge SOS issue but an annoyance still. Is it only me who thinks that enlightenment happened already and all of these magical thingies ought to fade away?

Just ignore it?

Posted
1 hour ago, Kazzodom said:

I have sent two messages through the Help section, one 3 and the other 5 days ago. All l've got so far is an automated reply. Is that normal? 

If you’re messaging admin, it regularly takes a week to get a response. They did once say messaging again delays response.

Posted
December 23, 2022, overpower said:

Can't we just get rid of / have option to hide the zodiac sign information in the profiles? Or is there already way to do that?

It's just not something I want to be identified as. If someone privately believes into one of the contradicting magic men in the sky stories, santa claus or into some predetermined planetary destiny I've got no problem with that. I'd just rather not be one of those who silently support any type of superstitious reasoning by taking part in it. Nor do I like to be judged according to any superstitious "oh youre xx/yy and of course you're like that" thought processes.

This is definitely not a huge SOS issue but an annoyance still. Is it only me who thinks that enlightenment happened already and all of these magical thingies ought to fade away?

I’m of the opinion that you may be overthinking the reason for zodiac signs! Personally I think they exist to give people an idea of when someone was born without showing a birth date for reasons of GDPR. I’d also add that so many people nowadays are not as interested in the star signs as they once was especially with the younger generation, in any case even if they are does it really matter? If the person is a good fit for you would their beliefs stop you from meeting a potentially ideal partner? It’s my opinion that sometimes having different interests or beliefs can be a good thing! If we were all the same life would be terribly boring!

Posted
1 hour ago, Erebus said:

I’m of the opinion that you may be overthinking the reason for zodiac signs! Personally I think they exist to give people an idea of when someone was born without showing a birth date for reasons of GDPR. I’d also add that so many people nowadays are not as interested in the star signs as they once was especially with the younger generation, in any case even if they are does it really matter? If the person is a good fit for you would their beliefs stop you from meeting a potentially ideal partner? It’s my opinion that sometimes having different interests or beliefs can be a good thing! If we were all the same life would be terribly boring!

I'm not super serious about this and I don't worry too much for it having an effect on matching with someone. It's more about the principle for not wanting to silently support any superstitious thinking by waving their banners. For me it's kinda like having your religion stated in your profile. I opt out from those clubs and would prefer to opt out from this also.

I'd be curious to know how many sees that info as something important. For me it feels like it's from an early 2000's dating profile.

Posted
1 hour ago, feminizar_mi_ahora said:

It seems to me the moment we make a bad comment we get deleted this site needs to sort thing out and if I get deleted then so be it at least people will see this as they can't remove my comment but I will report it to the the right organisation as it is not just fetish.com its also fetlife as they own both sites, so just incase I get deleted I wish all the genuine profiles on here the very best in creating a genuine site for genuine kinksters 

New to me. Fetish is German and Fetlive owned by a Canadian last time I could be bothered to check. 

Posted
1 hour ago, feminizar_mi_ahora said:

It seems to me the moment we make a bad comment we get deleted this site needs to sort thing out and if I get deleted then so be it at least people will see this as they can't remove my comment but I will report it to the the right organisation as it is not just fetish.com its also fetlife as they own both sites, so just incase I get deleted I wish all the genuine profiles on here the very best in creating a genuine site for genuine kinksters 

I think you're confusing Fetish and Fetlife?

John Baku owns Fetlife, he does not own Fetish, they are two very different sites?

Your comments can definitely be deleted by the Fet Mods if they go against the TOU's and rightly so. If they don't, there's no reason for them to be deleted

You don't need to 'prove' who you are in the sense of uploading an ID to Fetish. There's the option to do that on Fetlife but it's currently, last time I logged in, optional. Fetish may ask you to validate your account if there's been a report of the account being used to inappropriately. In that instance you may be restricted in your use of the app but it's quickly resolved once they're able to authenticate you. This is a safety feature that I think most are content with

Posted
2 hours ago, feminizar_mi_ahora said:

they can't remove my comment

FETMods will remove any comment or post that goes against Terms Of Use or Community Standards. Equally they will remove comments that are off-topic or inappropriate. 
FETMods don't generally delete comments or posts unless they have to.

it is not just fetish.com its also fetlife as they own both sites,

This is NOT correct. Fetish.com is it's own entity and nothing to do with that other site that I won't mention. 

so just incase I get deleted

What makes you think you're going to get deleted? You're allowed an opinion, you just have to voice it respectfully. 

Posted

incidentally.  I can tell you it takes a lot - and I mean - A LOT - to get removed from this site

US based sex workers unfortunately cannot be on the site because of SESTA/FOSTA laws, so they're most likely to be removed

but other than that we're really talking stuff like constant repeat warnings, being underage, or talking about doing stuff with someone underage

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
Well, this site/app would be better if the answered help tickets. I’ve had on regarding my membership in for 2 weeks with no response 🤷🏼‍♂️
Posted
Yesterday at 11:33 AM, ridgeway384 said:

I’m curious about something so I let my membership end here and I noticed I got spanked.. got a message.. the message was nothing but a hello.. and they are too far but this site is not the type to start sending you matches after your membership expires is it?

It’s a coincidence.